Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

12/16/08

winter contest, name the plant in the photo


Buy art

This photo is a different angle of an image from an earlier post. In that post I had tried to figure out what this plant was called. It is still unresolved and anyone who can name what type of plant this seed head belongs to will receive 500 Entrecard credits or a link to their blog.

So I guess I'm starting a contest - to enter just leave a comment about what you think this plant in the photo might be. For another view you can look at this image.

Winner will choose their prize
• 500 Entrecard credits
- or -
• Link to their blog

6 comments:

  1. Thanks gooooood girl, any guesses for the photo contest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of bokeh and an interesting image

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evan- This is Abutilon theophrasti, or velvet leaf. I got your interview questions by the way. I'll be in touch.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks roentarre, I really thought it would be cool to show a side view of the plant too. It turned out really well when I kept just the closest parts in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're right Tom, send me an email with your choice of the prize and we can also discuss the interview.

    Thanks,

    - Evan

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan