Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

8/10/11

Bowling Alley

Thinking about climbing Devils Tower again sometime, so I was looking through my photos of the last trip. Here's a shot from the base of the Bowling Alley - aka Durrance approach route.


I took this photo while a strange calming sensation came over me about the climb.

Coming down into the valley where the tower stands I couldn't believe how big it was. Once up close, I felt like it was more approachable - probably because only part of the climb was visible.

Capturing the emotion involved in climbing is something very difficult to do. I recently found someone who really blew me away: my hat goes off to those people that can take stunning images while climbing - like Simon Carter. Check his work out!