Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

8/10/11

Bowling Alley

Thinking about climbing Devils Tower again sometime, so I was looking through my photos of the last trip. Here's a shot from the base of the Bowling Alley - aka Durrance approach route.


I took this photo while a strange calming sensation came over me about the climb.

Coming down into the valley where the tower stands I couldn't believe how big it was. Once up close, I felt like it was more approachable - probably because only part of the climb was visible.

Capturing the emotion involved in climbing is something very difficult to do. I recently found someone who really blew me away: my hat goes off to those people that can take stunning images while climbing - like Simon Carter. Check his work out!

11 comments:

  1. It is really unique and awesome photography.

    http://www.yrcinhcm.org/ [It is beautifull flash website best viewed in google chrome].
    http://redeemedcommunity.blogspot.com/
    [It is beautifull site best viewed in google chrome].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture and awesome photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wings you've got at the moment you take the photo.
    You can fly even with your feet on earth.
    Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing picture i ever seen! so beautifull, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone.

    I initially felt like the quality of the photo was really bad, but that seems to be the norm with climbing photos.

    Maybe someday I will be able to concentrate on taking photos while climbing. However, for now, I find it difficult to relax enough to get the shot right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GReat! what a wonderful photo. .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post. I am searching awesome news and idea. What I have found from your site, it is actually highly content. You have spent long time for this post. It's a very useful and interesting site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I conceive, it’s a stabilising message. I same this subject. I poverty mate any accommodating things from this root. It unsoured my handle and receive. So lots of thanks for intercourse this content with me.
    online computer store

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan