Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

11/17/08

bridge at night

Buy art

This is the Irene Hixon Whitney Bridge, the artist is Siah Armajani from the Twin-Cities. The bridge is located in Minneapolis and is an amazing work of art.

The suspension bridge crosses 16 lanes of traffic from the Walker Art Center's Sculpture Garden to Loring park.

The first time I crossed this bridge I missed out on part of the crossing, there's a poem by John Ashbery on the beams running the length of the bridge. The poem is partly visible in this photo.

10 comments:

  1. Nice symmetry in this shot, and then the breaking of it by the shadows. It almost looks like a well lit tunnel, but is a bridge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ev, like this photo a lot, night shooting has always been a favorite. Is this digital or film?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Eight Minutes Old,

    The bridge is truly a work of art, there are many things that give you weird feelings about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nate,

    I have been "forced" to do a lot of night shooting lately because the snow keeps melting and the fall colors are long gone. Long exposures are a lot of fun.

    This is digital, I don't think I would use film for shots posted online, would definitely need a better scanner if I was going to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog and beautiful photographs. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Life Through My Eyes: Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice perspective.
    www.hephotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I'll check out your site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear, thank you for visiting. I'll try and keep it informative in the future.

      Delete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan