Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

12/12/08

Minnesota

Here's a guest photo post from my brother Nathan. I especially like some of the photos he's taken with a Holga camera, I'll probably post a few of those in the future. This image was taken with an Olympus point and shoot though, different camera formats have always been interesting to me. I took a film photography class in high school and really enjoyed the mechanics of it. Here's Nate's picture though:
Image by Nathan Johnson

I took this shot in Feb 2007 after a pretty healthy snow. The change of seasons was always what I loved best about living in Minnesota. The scenery looks so different from month to month and it provides a healthy rhythm for life.

6 comments:

  1. If Santa Claus had a car, that would be it. When I first saw it, I thought it was a photo of a Santa suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Ratty, when you glance at it quick it looks like a Santa suit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always a fan of medium format cameras. This shot is really well metered and exposured as Holga is known to leak light etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snow .. wish i could visit your place ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This shot is actually taken with a different point and shoot camera, I should have made that a little more clear.

    I do intend to post some of his Holga shots in the near future though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bikran, it is too cold right now, we're talking negative digits, with the wind chill well below zero.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan