Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

11/24/08

zebra at como zoo

I'll admit this zebra was a bit far from its natural habitat. She actually looks kinda sad grazing out among the fall leaves.

I got this shot at the Como Zoo in St. Paul, Minnesota. I really like to visit this zoo because it's free!

I always have to stop and check out the zebras and giraffes.

The zoo seems to have staff everywhere too, ready to answer questions and teach you something unique.


Do you remember ZUBAZ?

8 comments:

  1. I wish the zoo here was still free, but they charge a small fortune to get in now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not sure how they do it..

    They recommend a donation and have people at the entrance to collect it but most people give less from what I've seen - some must give more.

    They're not underfunded either, this place is well taken care of and has new exhibits and and other fun stuff going up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful picture. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment Spicybugz, and thanks for the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT PICTURE,I LOVE ANIMALS,POST SOME MORE.
    REGARDS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks FIGHTER, animals are fun to photograph but they don't always cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pic of zebra, they do have a kind of sad look when eating, Imma trying to think what that plant is, is it bugloss? with wispy blue petals?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Gentledove,

    I think bugloss seed heads peel away a little more instead of opening into a star shape.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan