Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

11/26/08

moon bridge

Buy art

From the Irene Hixon Whitney Bridge you can get a great view of the Minneapolis skyline.

The bridge itself is an amazing work of art, more information and another shot of it can be found in the link above.

The reason I was there for this trip was to get some brake light/head light blur shots. It wasn't working too great because the traffic wasn't all that steady.


I did get some good shots though and had fun. The view of the city wasn't too bad either ;-)

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The symmetry of the bridge against the soft clouds of the night sky is a really nice contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks haleyhughes,

    It is really a fun place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love bridges. I've had the same idea of getting shots of lights from passing traffic down below. So many bridges, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too true Ratty, thanks for stopping in.

    Plus this bridge is an hour from my house so it takes a little too long to get there as often as I'd like.

    Hey, you're on my EntreCard! Your ad looks good there - hope you get some visits, I haven't seen much success with ec yet..

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice shot, like a scene from a horror or sci-fi movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right Dinah, it does have an eerie feel to it.

    The large parks on both sides of the bridge make it even more weird when night falls and everything goes dark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great shot! i love seeing those soft clouds and the full moon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky seems so nice through the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks liza,

    The clouds really do make this picture great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Avishi:

    It really was a nice night to be out taking some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm from MN in Japan now. I really enjoyed this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Thomas,

    I remember reading somewhere that the view from the roof of the Walker Art Center(next to bridge) was voted the best view of the city.

    It is a fun place to take pictures, glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan