Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

1/31/13

Ohhh... Canada

Me at the bottom of Tempest

I recently got back from an ice climbing trip in Canada. I realized I need a better camera. A DSLR will always be too much camera for me to carry around, so what should I get?

Some things I need:

-Ability to shoot RAW
-Relatively compact size
-Durable enough to take anywhere


Some things I want:

-Good image stabilization
-Low noise in low light conditions
-Medium to low price range

I'm really stumped on which camera to get. I have an older version of the Olympus Tough camera right now, but I haven't really needed the waterproof feature and there may be a better solution to my needs.

Any ideas? Leave me a comment and let me know what to get.

5 comments:

  1. nice photos, like a lot the blogs about photos they express more than words :)

    check out my blog is just new and im trying how it works :)

    instaphotie.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOW , SO COOL :o
    very very beautifull :)

    + I invite you to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spent lots of time in British Columbia over the years. Love the place, the food, and the people.

    Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing, and best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evan,
    Look at an Olympus Pen or even the Sony Nex series of camera. Either will fit your request.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks David, I really like that Sony. I'll have to read up more on both of them.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan