Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

12/22/10

HDR Macro


I've been trying out some different macro techniques lately and had the idea to try high dynamic range imaging with some macro shots. After some cropping and processing I got the result above.

Does anyone know what these growths are on this tree branch? They looked amazing in person and I'm really happy with how it came through on the photo.

8 comments:

  1. The colour is simply superb!

    Great colour to visualise on my dull working day

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks roentarre, it's actually fairly accurate too - the HDR process allowed me to capture the image in macro without using a flash

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, I haven't tried close ups yet so I'll add this to my 'must try' list for HDR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Tracey, macro HDR is a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how beautiful nature looks...great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Binny, nature is beautiful and is really fun to photograph

    ReplyDelete
  7. probably some form of fungus/lichen

    ReplyDelete
  8. for sure, looks a lot different from anything else I've seen though

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan