Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

12/13/10

blizzard


We got some snow (~18"), so my friend said "lets go for a drive." About a block away we were stuck in a snowbank.

This was the biggest blizzard I have ever seen, it even collapsed the Minneapolis Metrodome - you can watch the video here.

Speaking of freezing, I just took five rolls of film out of the freezer. I am not sure if I will try to develop these myself, or bring them in to have them processed for me. Do they still develop film anywhere (joke ...I hope)?

I am very anxious to see if they turn out. I also would like to know what exactly is on them. I know one of them for sure was a roll of light writing experiments.

I might turn this into a series, "the mystery film rolls."

5 comments:

  1. Nice shot, before I read below the picture, I thought you were up here in Canada with us and our crazy snow. I guess you get crazy snow there also. Hey, I was wondering if you had any tips for me, I have a small digital camera (Cannon Elph with power-shot) but that's it. And was wondering if you looked at a few of my pics you could critique them or give me some tips.
    http://jamaalbetts.blogspot.com/p/art-by-jbetts.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamaal, yeah we get some crazy snow here in Minnesota.

    That's a decent digital cam you have, I'll stop over and check your pictures out too.

    I just made a top 7 photo tips post, check it out:
    http://photoexpose.blogspot.com/2010/12/top-7-photography-tips.html

    - Evan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there done that in Ohio too. Too bad it never occured to me to take a picture. Nice to see creativity thrives in the odd moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Linda Hensley, It might have been creativity - or I just didn't want to shovel anymore snow that day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan