Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

11/21/10

duluth lift bridge (2 of 3 in HDR series)


Buy art

This is the second photo in a three part HDR series. The lift bridge in Duluth Minnesota is an extremely interesting landmark to check out.

If you visit during the right time, you can see large ocean-going ships pass through. In the winter the ice sheets writhe and break on the concrete pier. 

Don't want to miss part three? Well, you can subscribe to photo updates in the sidebar, check it out.

I'm also giving away something photography related soon, so make sure to check back. I will announce the item the first day of the contest. All you'll need to do is comment on the giveaway post to enter, good luck!

6 comments:

  1. hi Evan thank you for this picture. I like HDR, David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David, I'm having a lot of fun with HDR images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah they are really surreal - sounds like a fun experiment - what program do you use to filter them together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nate, I use Qtpfsgui for the HDR imaging. It is an open source program. I also touch the images up in Gimp and Picasa.

    I think you just gave me a post idea, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo, love the tonality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you greenearth, experimenting with different tone mapping algorithms is my favorite part of the process.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan