Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

3/26/10

camera in the shop

I was looking back through my recent posts and didn't see one mentioning anything about the problems with my favorite camera (Olympus 850 SW). So I'll recap quick:

  • plumes of smoke from flash in colder weather
  • degenerating macro and over all quality of focus
  • increased shutter noise
I should have prefaced this list with the fact that I'm somewhat hard on everything - but that's why I bought this camera. It is supposed to be shock, water, cold and dust resistant.. it held up very well for the first few months.

I sent it in for warranty repair and my request was accepted. They quoted me a couple week repair time frame - until then I just can't bring myself to use another camera. 

I really like the 850 SW and will do a full review soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan