Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

8/27/09

Monarch Chrysalis




Last week I was trimming one of our pine trees and found a little monarch caterpillar crawling around. I put it in my empty fish tank with lots of milkweed, a small dish of water and some twigs. Just a couple days later it crawled up to the top and hung in a 'J' shape for about a day. The next thing I knew the caterpillar had shed another layer of skin and had created this little chrysalis.


I'll be sure to get some pictures of the butterfly though before I release it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan