Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

12/19/08

Weekly Photographer Interview, Tom Arbour Part 2

This is part two of the weekly photographer interview with Tom Arbour.
Click here for part 1

Q: What is your dream photography location?
A: I don't have a dream photography location. My goal is to make interesting and life lasting images wherever I am- be it in a nature preserve in Ohio, Maine, or on my couch. I have been to Australia and to Malaysia- I wish I knew what I know about photography now when I first visited those places in 1999 and 2001, respectively. Having today's digital technology back then would have been nice too.

Q: Which photography website/blog do you visit often?
A: First and foremost, I love FLICKR. It is quite possibly the coolest Web 2.0 product out there. There are so many creative people on this planet is blows my mind. Half of them must have accounts on FLICKR. I enjoy the popphoto flash blog, always am interested by what Ken Rockwell has to say, Rocer Cicala at Lensrentals.com with his data on lens reliabilty, who in turn got me on to reading the diglloyd blog by Lloyd Chambers.


Q: Who has been your biggest inspiration?
A: I have been inspired the natural world around me. It is it which inspires me to take photographs.

Q: Have you taken any classes or workshops on photography?
A: This past winter quarter I took an Introduction to Digital Photography at Columbus State Community College. Columbus state has a very new digital photography associates degree program. Next quarter I'm taking the beginning photoshop for photographers course.

Q: Mac or PC?
A: PC, although I have recently acquired a Mac for "fiddling around with" I have a friend that is trying to convert me to MAC.

Image by Tom Arbour
I hope you enjoyed this interview, I found a couple new websites and learned a little. You can subscribe via RSS in the sidebar to get updates about new posts. Thanks, Evan.

6 comments:

  1. These leaves are truely stunningly rendered. So beautiful.

    It makes a good scene for coffee !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does, thanks for stopping by roentarre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice series and it's informative.Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ChrisY, Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very pretty picture


    www.thomaschurchwell.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are vivid pictures! I especially like the contrast between the pale roof and the bright trees.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan