Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

12/1/08

ice print

Buy art

We're just starting to get some ice now, it's still not safe to walk out on the lakes though.

I was out hiking the other day and found some weird bubble patterns forming under the ice.

I thought it kind of looked like a foot print so I took a quick photo of it.

Someones dog actually fell through the ice a few days ago, luckily the dog was rescued by the fire department.

10 comments:

  1. Thats what i thought of upon seeing your photo. It sure does look like a footprint of a bear. LOL! Great shot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photo. I've been looking at strange formations in thin ice too lately. I haven't noticed anything like your bubbles yet. I saw some footprints from geese in the ice on a pond. I wish I would have thought to photograph the ice close up, like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it looked like a footprint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ratty, I really get carried away with macro photography sometimes. It is really cool to see what nature looks like up close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent capture of the lighting here

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is really, really nice.

    But I have to ask, did you photoshop thiiiisss? =P lol I hope you don't take that question as an insult. If anything, a compliment =)

    -Nurse Jen Doll
    www.nursejendoll.com
    Your Daily Reality Nursing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks njd,

    I wouldn't take it as an insult and I probably should add a little more of the technical info about the images I post.

    I don't have photoshop but I do use Picasa to do any cropping or editing.

    - I struggle with editing my images too much, but with this shot I did adjust the shadows a little to make the bubbles pop out more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the photos.. I will be back for more of these..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan