Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

11/9/08

common darter dragonfly

Buy art

This dragonfly was easy to photograph, almost too easy.

There was another dragonfly sitting on the curb but it wouldn't move over to a leaf no matter how hard I tried to coax.

Then I found this one already relaxing on a leaf, I think it's called the Common Darter.

The transparent wings of dragonflies has always amazed me.


After watching the dragonfly for a few minutes it became interested in me and landed on my finger.

8 comments:

  1. Evan, what a beautiful dragon fly capture!!! I had that on my list for photos this summer but missed it. Am so glad you found this lovely imagery. :D

    Cheers! JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nature Nut,

    I wanted to do a lot more this summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa.. that's very cool. The closest I got to something like that was taking a picture of a lady bug on a wall, but that wasn't much.

    Keep it up =)

    -Nurse Jen Doll
    www.nursejendoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wonder what a dragon fly is thinking, they seem smart for a bug, and definitely have an amazing design. Lots of them down here in south Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine they're thinking about food, dragonflies are so tiny and have to keep moving so much I couldn't imagine they have time to think about much else.

    The design is amazing and varies a lot. The little red accents on the tip of this dragonflies wings reminds me of an airplanes navigation lights.

    Except the right(or starboard) wing should be accented in green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Evan,
    I liked your site very much. All the photographs are amazing. Please give me some tips on nature photography.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Avishi,

    I am an amateur photography, I really enjoy taking nature and art photos and I hope that shows.

    Your photography is pretty good too. There are some basic rules that you can follow or purposely break to get great images.

    I would visit http://digital-photography-school.com and do some reading. Or just google nature photography tips.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan