Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

10/15/08

water crater


At least I think it's called a water crater. It also kinda looks like a water volcano, either way it's mesmerizing to look at.

I was trying to catch the raindrop a little earlier in its entry but this shot looked good enough.

Nature doesn't always cooperate with my best efforts in photography, it usually does its own thing.

8 comments:

  1. That's an amazing shot, especially that you had to rely on nature for the timing. I tried a series of water drop shots with my point and shoot digital and one of them turned out to be that never to be repeated photo. The effect of the water drop actually created what looks to be a human form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sire, I just visited your photo blog and your water experiment was very cool.

    The effect you got from that orange bowl was amazing.

    evan j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. There is so many different variables that one can use to change the shot that I reckon I've got a lot more photos to take of falling water drops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you there, I like to explore almost all possible variables, usually I go a little too in depth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey mind blowing picture.....cool blog....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great eye and steady hand to find a shot like that. I like the collective mood of all the pictures on the site together. Makes me want to walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks chris c.

    Most of the pictures here are from a walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way ..my hands aren't that steady, I used a tripod.

    If anyone wants the EXIF data on any shots - there's a link to my Flickr on the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan