Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

1/20/11

Rockaway Cabin


Got a chance to visit my cabin recently in Iron River Wisconsin. The cabin is in the middle of the Chequamegon National Forest.

I love going up there and roughing it in the old cabin, even though my grandma built a house near by it is still fun to go the nostalgic route.

The cabin was built by my grandpa and great grandpa out of rocks they pulled from an old road. The road was created when my great grandpa needed a way to transport fox furs from his fox farm to the train.

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic story and history of your cabin. Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey, I got another tripod for Christmas and wanted to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely incredible!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lido adorrei muito bonito

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful location

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, it really is great to get out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice indeed And very cute too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post. I am searching awesome news and idea. What I have found from your site, it is actually highly content. You have spent long time for this post. It's a very useful and interesting site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan