Evan Johnson Nature and Art Photography

Creative Commons License All Photos Licensed - Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
welcome to Photography Exposure, a digital & film photo blog

10/21/08

Mallards


These mallard ducks were swimming in a shaded bay near my house.

The two males in this photo kept poking their heads under the water to grab a snack, so it was fairly hard to get a shot of their heads.

Most of the photos I took were of their butts in the air. Often times nature makes you wait.

5 comments:

  1. Don't I know about the butt shot. Come on tour in Africa and you will see what I mean. If the world only know how many times wild animals only show their butts to photographers, the good photos would be that much more appreciated!

    I do love that your "comment" link is called "critique"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks namib naturalist, it's good to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great shot!
    I liked the ripple effect on the still water when the duck poke on it.
    It shows how still the water is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shot!!! You are right; it's hard to get a head shot. You must have been quick with the camera.

    Cheers! JJ

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique my photographs.

Then subscribe in the sidebar.

Thanks, Evan